What happened to me.
I went to get my nails done for the first time since I was married with a girlfriend and the nail tech said something that horrified me.
He asked “What do you do for a living?”
Smiling I said “I’m a stay at home mom” I should have said I’m a domestic engineer because that is more accurate.
“Oh. you don’t work then. Your lucky. Sit around the house all day and do nothing. You have a life of leisure and relax all day.”
I was livid! It is baffling the crazy stereotype of the modern day homemaker. It is because of these myths that we get little to no respect in society. Today I hope to set the record straight and educate the public.
Here is a list of 23 ridiculous myths about stay at home moms busted.
The truth is…
- We are not all lazy.
- We do not just get to do whatever we want all day.
- Not all of us watch TV all day.
- Not all of us have let ourselves go.
- Not all of us keep having babies so we don’t have to get a job outside the house.
- Being a stay at home mom is a REAL job.
- Not all of us complain all the time.
- Most of us don’t sleep in because we can’t.
- Not all of us stay in pajamas all day.
- Most of us are educated and intelligent.
- We do get exercise.
- Most of us know how lucky we are.
- Most of us really enjoy being stay at home moms.
- Not all stay at home moms have blogs.
- We do pay attention to our husbands.
- We are not failures at life.
- Not all of us have messy houses.
- Most of us are not afraid of the work place.
- Not all of our kids are disobedient.
- Most of us do discipline our children and teach them manners.
- 99% of us have nothing against working moms.
- Taking care of kids is not easy.
- A lot of us have college degrees. And no, we are not all on welfare.
If you have a sec please vote by clicking on the banner below.
(image found on google)Google+