Neighbors, we all have ones we enjoy and ones we want to avoid. If you are a person who is afraid to get to know your neighbors because you don’t want to feel obligated to have long awkward conversations, that’s okay.Weather or not you want to be best friends or just acquaintances with your neighbor there are still ways to be more friendly and still have boundaries. We have complied a list of ways you can be a better neighbor no matter where you are at mentally and geographically.
15 Ways to Be a Better Neighbor & Enjoy it!
1. If you have left overs that you are considering throwing away even though it is still good tasty food…offer it to your neighbors instead. When decided what neighbor to approach consider need, the elderly love pre-cooked meals.
2. If you are planning a party or get together and share off street parking go door to door and ask permission for vehicles to park outside their home.
3. Don’t accept payment for small favors such as a cup of sugar…chances are it will all come out in the wash.
4. Don’t bear false witness against your neighbor. Refer to Exodus 20:16
5. Always wave. If you don’t have time to chat don’t say hello just smile.
6. Remember small thank you notes go a long way in building a friendship.
7. When your neighbors are away keep an eye out for suspicious activity.
8. If you have kids at the end of the day gather all of their toys and organize them in a designated area. This might sound silly but when you live on a block with kids having a clean yard makes the neighborhood seem more pleasant.
9. If your neighbor is in a rush don’t try to have a conversation with them. Everyone dreads talking to the neighbor who doesn’t know when to end the conversation.
10. When your elderly neighbors are unloading groceries offer to help or send your of age children to offer a hand.
11. Don’t seek revenge on nasty neighbors instead show kindness. ROMANS 12:19
12. We have all been there. You see that neighbor you can’t stand in a situation where they need help. It is so easy to be tempted to pass them by however helping a neighbor in need (even one you hate) is important. Exodus 23:5
13. Pray for your neighbors even the ones you have issues with.
14. Don’t judge your neighbors or be rude to those who are different from you.
15. If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well. James 2:8
Still hungry? Munch on these 71 verses about Neighbors.
What was the most annoying thing a neighbor has ever done to you? Did we forget something important? Share with us in the comments below and tell all!